2 Ways to Start Building Your Small Business Email Marketing List
Date: January 14, 2016
Your company has developed engaging email content that you know your customers and prospects will love. But how do you get this content in front of the right people?
When it comes to email marketing, one of the biggest challenges that small businesses face is growing their subscriber list. But by offering compelling incentives and getting the word out about your list, your company can begin to bring in more qualified leads. Below, we discuss how to do just that:
1. Find Ways to Offer Incentive
Sometimes all a person needs to become an email list subscriber is a little motivation. There are many types of incentives your brand can offer a potential customer for signing up for your marketing emails:
- Discounts, sales, and coupons – This is perhaps one of the simplest ways to boost your email opt-in rate. You can provide special coupon codes or discounts for signing up, or offer your subscribers access to exclusive sales.
- Specialized gated content – You can also gate targeted content that educates your readers on an opportunity or pain point that is relevant to them. For instance, you might create an eBook or whitepaper that delves deeper into a topic that is important in your industry. If visitors want access to the material, they simply need to provide an email address.
- Contests – Creating contests that require an email address for entry is another great way to grow your email list. Cool prizes and the idea of winning a contest are enticing, and invite users to want to learn more about your brand.
2. Use Social Media to Boost Opt-Ins
Your website is not the only place that you can advertise your email list sign-up. Social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest are excellent places to promote your special offers, contests, and content that require an email address for access. In addition, you can place your email subscription form URL and CTAs across your social media profiles to ensure that all of your followers have the opportunity to opt-in.
If you are experiencing difficulty growing your email marketing list, the email experts at News-Leader Media Group in Springfield, Missouri are here to help! Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you develop and implement a successful email strategy.